This is a bug fix release (already!) to address the following bugs in 1.5.0:
- emulator settings not loading in various situations (#110)
- the filter option to limit list sizes would cause a crash if list size was already smaller than the limit (#109)
- "particle animation" layout not loading [OS X App Bundle]
It's time for a new release of Attract-Mode! Here's what is new with version 1.5:
- Added ability to display MaLa layouts (vertical and horizontal). beta
- Various filter improvements (global filters, filter based on file availability, filter mechanical and CHD games)
- Added ability to display artwork and game information from multiple filters at the same time. Added a filter-grid layout with filters organized into separate grid columns.
- Added Ctrl-V clipboard pasting to config mode (Windows and OS X only).
- Added ability to configure an exit hotkey that forces an emulator to exit.
- Added liquid8d's ExtendedObject, Animate and SpriteSheet modules.
- Improved importing of Steam information.
- Fixed artifacts when scaling videos at low resolution.
- Added ability to specify filter rules when generating/importing rom lists from the command line.
- Various improvements to the included screensaver and layouts, including configurable controls for Blinky in the Attrac-Man minigame.
- Scripting improvement: added "EndNavigation" transitions.
- Many, many other bug fixes and improvement.
Downloads available here: http://attractmode.org/download.html
Version 1.4 of Attract-Mode has now been released! What's new:
- Added Steam support
- Added optional tracking of usage statistics (number of times played, total time played per game)
- Added thegamesdb.net metadata scraper
- Added history.dat viewer
- Added plugin to play basic audio playlists
- Filters can now optionally sort and limit the size of game lists
- Improvements to various layout animations
- Various new and improved plugins and layouts
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
A new version of Attract-Mode is now available!
This is primarily a bug fix release, here's what's new:
- fixes favourites and tags so they are no longer lost when entries are filtered out by the current filter
- slight change to the artwork selection order: matched clone videos are now preferred over matched name images
- [Linux] fix for emulator launching when running in "Fullscreen Mode"
- video playback now keeps going during transition effects
- fixed video stutter when using more recent versions of FFmpeg
- updated the Windows binaries to use FFmpeg 2.2.4
- layouts can now get and set the user-toggled rotation status
- various screensaver improvements: added a mute option, added an option to overlay wheel artwork on the video and 2x2 video modes
- various other small fixes and improvements
A little sparse at the moment: http://forum.attractmode.org